Our environmental impact
- Graftongate has developed an industry-leading reputation for delivering workplaces and specifications that have a positive impact on the wider natural and built environment.
Our build specification can deliver net zero carbon buildings in construction, operation and end of life with the combined use of offset, renewable energy sources and energy-saving construction methods and materials.
As a company we aim to deliver buildings with a BREEAM ‘Excellent’ certification and an EPC rating of A or higher.
Our team undertakes many brownfield regeneration projects, removing pollutants and asbestos and decontaminating and remediating land, before developing schemes that allow us to achieve significant biodiversity net gains.
Our social impact
- Enhancing our positive social impact is integral to our business.
Our engagement with local communities and authorities sets us apart from other developers. We work in partnership to create fulfilling places to live and work, developing buildings in prime locations that people want to occupy.
We pride ourselves on incorporating ground-breaking new ideas and rationales into our specifications that are centred on positively impacting the wellness of the workers who occupy our buildings. We follow the WELL Building Standard™ in all our developments, it’s why Graftongate’s developments are healthy and happy workplaces.
Since our inception we have facilitated 20,000 job creation opportunities. This has helped to regenerate communities, providing employment opportunities for local people and attracting new inward investment.
Our policy is to ensure that our partners have procedures in place to prevent discrimination and inequality wherever we operate.
Our economic impact
- Graftongate is focused on driving forward growth in the industrial and logistics markets.
Since our inception in 2004, we have delivered:
- £1 billion of end-product buildings
- 10 million sq ft of new schemes
- 15 million sq ft of planning consent
Our innovative schemes have helped transform local economies, providing investment to clean and regenerate brownfield sites, creating new business communities.
We not only invest with our own balance sheet but alongside a host of private equity firms, institutional funds and local authorities, many of whom we hold long-term relationships with.
Our financial partners include
- Aberdeen Standard Investments, Aviva Investors, BlackRock, CWC Group, InfraRed, Legal and General Investment Management, LondonMetric Property PLC, Paloma Capital and Tritax Big Box REIT.
Occupiers who have taken residence in our schemes include
- Amazon, Beavertown Brewery, Bentley Motors, DFS, DPD, Hermes, IKEA, Royal Mail and Travis Perkins, alongside numerous private companies.